Autumn 2020 Examinations

All students who were entered for qualifications in Summer 2020 have the opportunity, if they wish, to resit exams in those subjects in Autumn 2020. Our recommendation is that this route is best considered only where there is a realistic chance that an improvement in grades will make a genuine difference to your future prospects.

The Autumn resit series will consist only of exams and will not feature Non-Examined Assessment (coursework). If your Autumn resit grade is lower than the one that you received in August, you will keep the higher grade; there is no risk of your grade going down if you resit.

The Autumn resit series is open to any student who was entered for exams in Summer 2020 – even if you have gone on to study elsewhere.

Results days:

> A-Level: Thursday 17 December 2020

> GCSE English Language and GCSE Mathematics: Thursday 14 January 2021

> All other GCSE subjects: Thursday 11 February 2021

If you are unable to collect your results, please complete this form.

Certificates will be available for collection from Monday 29 March 2021. If you are unable to collect your certificates, please complete this form. Please note, Certificates are not issued where a 'U' grade is awarded. We are legally obliged to hold these certificates only for 12 months after issue.

January 2021 Examinations

Timetable for January 2021 is now confirmed. Please read the Candidate’s Guidance for exams and assessments handbook prior to your exams/assessments.

Results days, collection from the Exams Officer:

> CNAT: Thursday 11 March 2021

> BTEC/CTEC: Wednesday 17 March 2021

Post Results Services

For more information on deadlines and fees: Autumn 2020 series and January 2021 series

Summer 2021 Examinations

Timetable for Summer 2021 is now confirmed and can be found here. Please read the Candidate’s handbook for exams and assessments, provided below.

When planning for holidays, bear in mind that candidates are not eligible for enhanced grading where they choose not to be available for the scheduled examination(s).

Individual timetables are handed out to students with the date of their external/public exams. For the summer exams a 'Statement of Entry' is also sent out, to show all units (including non-timetabled units) and subject awards for which a student is entered. This entry information needs to be checked carefully by students and parents/guardians, then signed and returned to the Exams officer.

Exam Clashes: If you appear to be scheduled for two or more exams in the same session (AM or PM) this is known as a 'clash' . If you have a clash, please see the Exams Officer to make specific arrangements.

Results days:

>A-Level/BTEC/CTEC/Diploma: Tuesday 24 August 2021

> GCSE/CNAT: Friday 27 August 2021

Detail for results days will be updated in July. Please note that results will not be given over the phone.

Candidate Exam Booklet


Permitted Exam Stationary


Instructions for Candiates



Following the release of results, certificates will be issued - normally in November. Certificates are issued when a course has been completed in full. Certificates are not issued where a 'U' grade is awarded. We are legally obliged to hold these certificates only for 12 months after issue.

If you left Sir Simon Milton Westminster UTC in the past year and did not collect your examination certificates, you can collect your certificates from the School Reception 08:45 – 15:45. Please check the Exam Boards for the subjects you sat to ensure you collect all your certificates.

If you are unable to collect your certificates, please submit the form from here

Mislaid your certificates and/or left school many years ago?

Exam certificates are unique documents and cannot be replaced if they have been mislaid or purposefully destroyed. In these circumstances, you need to contact the Exam Boards directly to obtain written confirmation of your grades (they will charge a fee for this). In most cases, you will have taken exams with several of the Exam Boards and, if you left many years ago, the names of the Boards may have changed, since several have merged or rebranded in recent years.

Examination Boards and Courses offered at Sir Simon Milton Westminster UTC

We use four main Examination Boards (also called Awarding Bodies): AQA, Pearson, OCR and WJEC/Eduqas. All Exam Boards have websites where students and parents can find information on courses, assessment material, past papers, exam timetables, grade boundaries and much more.

Please see Exam Subjects and Boards for the Awarding Bodies and course codes at Sir Simon Milton Westminster UTC.

Access Arrangements for Exams

Some students may require additional support when taking their exams.

Sir Simon Milton Westminster UTC bears in mind that it has a duty towards students with learning difficulties and disabilities to make reasonable adjustments to examination arrangements.

Access Arrangements are organised in advance of an examination and are based on evidence of need and a child’s normal way of working. Access Arrangements fall into two distinct categories: some arrangements are delegated to centres, others require prior JCQ and Awarding Body approval.

Access Arrangements allow candidates/learners with special educational needs, disabilities or temporary injuries to access the assessment without changing the demands of the assessment. For example, extra time, readers, scribes and Braille question papers. Most arrangements are made on the basis of tests carried out by a specialist which measure speed, accuracy and/or comprehension. If the standardised score obtained is in the below average arrange, and therefore less than 85, a student may be entitled to extra time, a reader and/or the use of a word processor. Other specific arrangements are made for students with short or long term difficulties as necessary and dependent on their needs.